Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Today’s Word is “Threaten”.


Today’s Word is “Threaten”.

Okay Boys and Girls.  This could get very scary.

Or maybe not. Unlike some of our other words, “Threaten” is a very boring word. Yawn. See? What does Threaten mean? Well it means “I am bored and out of other ideas to get you to do the silly things I want you to do that you do not want to do.”

Or IABAOOOITGYTDTSTIWYTDTYDNWTD for short.

Here’s how it works!

Let’s say that you want your friend to give you his lunch box because you were a total dillhead and didn’t make a lunch for yourself. No need to negotiate, just say, “If you don’t give me that lunch box, then you are going to get Plan B!” Whoa! Your friend will be dazzled! But then say “IABAOOOITGYTDTSTIWYTDTYDNWTD!” Wow, Boys and Girls! You sure are getting good at being Threatening!

But wait! Now is when it gets fun. When your friend finally understands what a dillhead you are, he says, “I am not playing with you and I am going to tell all of my friends what a dillhead you are and they shouldn’t play with you either.” No Problem. You can just use the magic of IABAOOOITGYTDTSTIWYTDTYDNWTD!

“Oh yeah!” you exclaim smartly, “Well I’m going to tell your mom and all of the newspapers that you threatened your friends and that’s why they won’t come and play with me which is something that I would never do to anything not even the tiny little bugs on my eyelashes. So there!”

Magic! Score!

Yes, Boys and Girls. Words sure are fun. 

Tomorrow’s word is “Believe”.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Uncle Bill,
    Another walk-off Home Run! I do take exception,however, to your use of "dill" as a pejorative modifier. I like dill. With gravlax, in cucumber salad, and other savory applications. Fresh dill in eggs is a simple ,yet elegant way to liven up one of those mornings when your hangover threatens your sanity, and you're racked with guilt, wondering who's car that is in the driveway, and why do have an article from the New Republic tatooed onto your back?.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh did i write "DILLhead"? dang. really misspelled that word didn't i!!!

    ReplyDelete