Thursday, October 21, 2010

Today’s word is “Convinced”.


Today’s word is “Convinced”.

Yes I know you thought today’s word was going to be Entryprenueriaul. But I could not spell that word twice in a row so it will have to wait.

So, today’s word is Convinced. This is another very interesting compound word. “Con” meaning “with” and “vinced” meaning “Vince D.” So Convinced means “with Vince D.”

Seriously.

Did you really think I was going to try and sell you that line of crap?? PuhLEEESE.

No, no, no,  Boys and Girls, today’s word has anything to do with “Vince D.” I’m not going to try and sell you that line of crap.  If I did, then I would be trying to convince you of something. Something I thought I was very clever to think of.  Though even I  do not really believe it, I would hold on to it until my last dieing breath. The reason I would do that, is because it is so important to me for you to believe that I believe that you believe that I am smarter than you.  Once that is accomplished, then I can toss my hair in the wind and go watch a Dustin Hoffman movie.

Uh oh. What if you are not so easily convinced, then what?

Well. That’s easy. I will just tell people that your ideas are full of crap and that you are a cotton ball! And because I am so convincing, they will believe me. Besides, no one wants to be called a cotton ball, so they’ll fall in line automatically. In the end of course, this just amounts to IABAOOOITGYTDTSTIWYTDTYDNWTD!

Here is how it works!

Let’s say that my friend is standing directly in the path of a large speeding truck that clearly has no time to stop before hitting him, splatting him all over the road in a greasy mess. I say, “Ah, Dude, I think we need to talk about your need to move away from the speeding truck” and he replies, “No, I don’t need to talk about anything because it is so important everyone to know that you believe that I believe that you believe that I am smarter than you. And besides, you are a cottonba…”

Oh well, Boys and Girls, we tried!!! Words sure are fun!

Uncle Bill says, “See you Monday Boys and Girls!” when our word for the day will be “Hostage”.

No comments:

Post a Comment